We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Alderado Seller Services Private Limited and its affiliate inclulding Alderado.com, inc. (collectively “alderado”) collect and process your personal information through alderado website, products, services, online marketplace and applications that reference this privacy notice (together “alderado services”).
By using alderado you agree to our use of your personal information (including sensitive personal information) in accordance with its privacy notice, as may be amended from time to time by us at our discretion. You also agree and consent to us collecting, storing, processing, transferring, and sharing your personal information (including sensitive personal information) with third parties or service providers for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
Personal information subject to this privacy notice will be collected and retained by alderado with a registered office in India.
- What personal information about customers does alderado collect?
- For what purposes does alderado use your personal information?
- What about cookies and other identifiers?
- Does alderado share your personal information?
- How secure is information about me?
- What about advertising?
- What information can I access?
- What choices do I have?
- Are children allowed to use alderado services?
- Conditions of use, notices, and revisions related practices and information
- Examples of information collected.
1. What personal information about customers does alderado collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
Information you give us: We receive and store any information your provide in relation to alderado services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of may of our alderado services.
Information from other sources:
We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information form our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
2. For what purpose does alderado use your personal information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the product and service that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of product and services.
We use your personal information to take and fulfill orders, deliver products and services, process payment, and communicate with you about orders, product and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve alderado services.
We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the alderado services.
- Recommendations and personalization.
We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with alderado services.
- Provide voice, image and camera services.
When you use our voice, image and camera services, we use your voice input, image, videos and other personal information to respond to your request, provide the requested service to you, and improve our services.
- Comply with legal obligations.
In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect form sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identify verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you.
We use your personal information to communication with you in relation to alderado services via different channels (eg., by phone, email, chat)
We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest based ads.
- Fraud prevention and credit risks.
We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, alderado, and others. We may also use scoring methods to access and manage credit risks.
3. What about cookies and other Identifiers?
4. Does alderado share your personal information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information to others. We share customers' personal information only as described below and with alderado.com, Inc. controls that either are subject to this privacy notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this privacy notice.
- Transactions involving third parties:
We make available to your services, products, application, or skill provided by third parties for use on or through alderado services. For example, the prodcuts you order through our marketplace are from third parties, you can download application from third-party application providers. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third party businesses, such as sellers on the marketplace, restaurants registered with alderado.com, merchants providing mobile recharges and bill-payment assistance. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers' personal information related to those transaction with that third party.
- Third-party service providers:
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customers service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with applicable law.
- Business Transfers:
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customers information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy notice (unless, of course, the customers consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that alderado.com, Inc. or alderado seller services private limited or any of its affiliates, or substantially all of their assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of alderado and others:
We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreement: or protect the right, property, or safety of alderado, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other that as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the inforamtion.
5. How secure is information about me?
We design our system with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow tech payment card industry data security standard (PCI DSS) when handling payment card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, processing, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
6. What about advertising?
Third-party advertisers and links to other websites:
Alderado services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
Use of third-party advertising services:
We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant alderado ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. For example, if you have already downloaded on of our apps, we will share you advertising identifier and data about that event so that you will not be served an ad to download the app again. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads form other advertisers. You can learn more about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising.
7. What information can I access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment option, profile information, membership, household settings, and purchase history in he “my account” section of the website or mobile application. To request access to personal information that is not available through your account you can submit a request.
8. What choices do I have?
If you have any questions as how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our support portal. Many of our alderado services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can always choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the alderado services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in what information can I access? When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please adjust your customer communication preferences. If you don't want to receive notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or device.
- If you want to browse our website without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account and blocking cookies on your browser.
- If you are a seller, you can add or update certain information in your alderado seller space account.
9. Are children allowed to use alderado services?
Alderado does not sell product for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under the age of 18 years, you may use alderado services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
10. Conditions of use, notices, and revisions
If you use alderado services, you use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this notice and our conditions of use, including limitations on damages, resolutions of disputes, and application of the prevailing law in India. If you have any concern about privacy at alderado, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our privacy notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes.
Unless stated otherwise, our current privacy notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never material change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Information you give us when you use aldoerado services.
You provide information to us when you:
- Search or shop for product or services in our marketplace;
- Add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use alderado services;
- Download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- Provide information in your account (and you might have more than one if you have use more than one email address or mobile number when shopping with us) or your profile;
- Provide information in your seller account, restaurant central account, service provider account, or any other account we make available that allows you to develop or offers software, goods, or services to alderado customers;
- Offer your product or services on or through alderado services;
- Communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- Complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- Upload or stream images, videos or audio or other files when using alderado services;
- Compile watch list, wish list or other gift registries;
- Provide and rate reviews;
- Specify a special occasion reminder; or
- Employ product availability alerts such as available to order notifications.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with much information as:
- Identifying information such as your name, address and phone numbers
- Payment information
- Your age
- Your location information
- Your ip address
- People, addresses and phone numbers listed in your addresses
- Email address of your friends and other people
- Content of reviews and emails to us
- The personal description and photograph in your profile
- Images, videos, and other content collected or stored in connection with alderado services
- Information and officially valid documents regarding identity and address information, including PAN numbers
- Credit history information
- Corporate and financial information
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- The internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
- Login, email address and password
- The location of your device or computer
- Information about your internet service provider, device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures
- Purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like alderado bestsellers
- We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing usage, or other technical information.
11. Information you can access
Examples of information you can access through alderado services include:
- Status of recent orders (including subscriptions)
- Your complete order history
- Personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book)
- Payment settings (including payment method information, promotional certificate, and gift card balances and 1-click settings)
- Recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended For You and Improve Your Recommendations)
- Shopping lists and gift registries (including wish lists)
- Your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences
- Content that your recently viewed
- Your profile (including your product reviews, recommendations, reminders and personal profile)
- If you are a seller, you can access your account and other information, and adjust your communications preferences, by updating your account in Seller Space.